Search This Blog Post

Wednesday 13 July 2016

Jaden Smith explains why he wears skirts

In a recent interview Jaden Smith explained why he gives so much importance to wearing women clothes. The 17-year-old teenager spoke his mind in a very mature fashion.

Whether it is in the music, cinema or fashion industry, Will Smith’s son Jaden has brought something authentic to the game, but even more when it comes to fashion. Why? Because Jaden Smith raised some eyebrows when he appeared in a Louis Vuitton campaign wearing a skirt.
 











Jaden Smith in Louis Vuitton campaign on the right

Now Jaden covers Nylon magazine and becomes the first young man ever to do so. On this occasion he took time to talk about his own vision regarding fashion.
Jaden explains that men wearing skirts should be regarded as something normal and by doing so, he will help people change their attitudes and thus make it easier for young boys to wear skirts: “So, you know, in five years when a kid goes to school wearing a skirt, he won’t get beat up and kids won’t get mad at him. It just doesn’t matter. I’m taking the brunt of it so that later on, my kids and the next generations of kids will all think that certain things are normal that weren’t expected before my time.”
Jaden Smith covering Nylon

Jaden wants to break the rules. He thinks being gender fluid will help raise awareness. He told the magazine about his Louis Vuitton campaign, “It was lit because we all knew that we were going to impact the culture and change the game and make a difference.” Jaden remains realistic but he’s determined: “The world is going to keep bashing me for whatever I do, and I’m going to keep not caring. I’m going to keep doing the same things—I’m going to keep doing more things. I’m going to take most of the blows for my fellow MSFTS” (MSFTS stands for “misfits” and it’s also the name of his clothing line).

What do you think of his declarations?

 

No comments: